Sunshine Blogger Award Nomination + Q&A
Wow! I see why it is called the Sunshine Blogger Award. It gave me warm fuzzies, without the sunburn. I was nominated by Dawn Ivey. Thank you and I really, sincerely appreciate your thoughtfulness!
Before I get to the Q&A, here are the rules regarding the Sunshine Blogger Award nomination process:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.
- What is the weirdest thing you have eaten or, should I say, attempted to eat? Have y’all seen my green drink post?
- What is the hardest thing you have overcome? An eating disorder, though I struggle with wanting to eat everything now so I can’t really say I have overcome it. BUT, I’m working on my temple! Join me on my blog to journey with me! I’ll also add I have overcome the fear of small to smedium (yes, smedium) size spiders. I can squash those without suiting up and shaking now. The medium to big ones…just no.
- What is the one thing you have to have everyday? Obviously, Jesus. The other thing would be coffee. As the song goes, “I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more”…for some coffee! Black, nothing added. All day.
- Why do you think it is so hard for most men to share their true feelings with the ones they love? I think showing your feelings often mean mushy-ness and guys don’t want to be viewed as mushy. It’s not masculine, to some. Maybe they also grew up in a home where there wasn’t a male role model or that role model wasn’t in favor of male emotion-showing.
- If you are married, what do you treasure most about your spouse? So many things. I value his heart for God. I value he is okay with showing emotion. I value that he isn’t materialistic. I value that he makes his family a priority. He is my best friend!
- Where did the term, without using Google or any other search engine, ‘by the skin of my teeth’ come from? It probably came from some little second graders who barely passed. Just sayin’. (I’m a teacher)
- What are you passionate about and why? Just like my friend Dawn, I am passionate about encouraging others and leading them towards Jesus in all circumstances that we encounter. I am also passionate about praying. I have a short devotional coming out about prayer soon!
- What topics, if any, have you wanted to write about but haven’t because your feel your ‘fan base’ would not approve? Many. One being my health journey–everyone has one so who is interested in mine; people who feel entitled; evil; germs; closet/house decluttering; healthy recipes; organization; why do I love yard work…Basically, I am eclectic in my thought processes and will my fan-base understand this or expect me to stick to one area of interest. I try to tie it ALL together by writing my thoughts into devotionals. Jesus is the glue that sticks it all together and makes it work. I reference Him continuously. What I’m saying is, I’m probably going to write about everything anyway! I love my fans and feel confident my writings will reach exactly who they are meant to reach. People will like me…or not. I will keep writing.
- Someone who has hurt you deeply in the past reaches out to you. They have done so to make amends because the Lord told them to. Do you forgive or do you tell them to bug off? Who am I to not forgive? I forgive them. Afterall, Jesus forgives me. 2 Corinthians 13:11 “Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.”
- Now, let’s flip the question a little. The Lord tells you to reach out to someone you hurt in the past. Do you do so or do you ignore the prompting of the Holy Spirit out of fear? I’m most likely going to do it. When something is nagging at me I have to deal with it or else my shoulders get heavier and heavier with each passing day. I may not address the person face-to-face. I kinda see a letter going in the mail here.
- Oh gosh, you are running late for work, grab a quick cup of coffee, get dressed quickly, slip on a pair of shoes and jet. When you arrive at work people snicker when you walk in because you slipped on two different pairs of shoes. What do you do? Y’all didn’t get the memo about crazy shoe day to raise awareness for yardsticks across America? They have 3 feet but can’t walk.
I am nominating the following for this award:
Trophy of Grace
It’s A Miracle
Jordan Lee Dooley
For All the King’s Daughters
Real Christian Women
An Apple of Gold
Here are my questions to these awesome bloggers:
- What inspired you to begin blogging?
- What can you NOT live without each day?
- What are your hobbies?
- Do you enjoy yard work (had to ask)?
- What is your favorite scripture (I know, who has just one!)?
- What is the hardest thing you have had to overcome?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- The Bible tells us we will have jobs in Heaven. Not knowing exactly what those will be, what do you wish your job to be?
- What is the last random act of kindness you received?
- What is the last random act of kindness you preformed?
- Getting inspiration from my #11, what do you do if you see someone with toilet paper stuck to their shoe? (Tell them, step on it when they aren’t looking so they never know, pretend to talk on your cell phone and look away…)